Friday, March 30, 2012

Peas + Balloons

The other night I gave Elliott some peas with his dinner in hopes that he might actually eat them and not stick them down his pants for a future "surprise". There was a bag of balloons on the counter next to him and knowing how much he enjoys trying and trying to blow up a balloon on his own, I allowed him to play with the balloons while he ate. After a few minutes I noticed that the peas were slowly disappearing! He was eating them! I was a very proud mama. Then I noticed the orange balloon. It was looking a little plump. 
He was sneaking the peas into the balloon! For a moment, I was disappointed. He wasn't eating them afterall. But then I felt another wave of pride come over me. What a sneaky, clever little man! We don't have a dog to handoff our unwanted food to, he knows he will get in trouble if he throws them on the floor or puts them down his pants, but for some reason he can't just leave food on his tray - it has to go somewhere whether it be in his mouth or elsewhere.
I know it wasn't an ideal situation, but sometimes (hopefully most of the time!) you have to see the humor and bright side of things. So for now, my son won't eat peas, but at least I know he's a problem solver!
And at least he didn't put more than one in his nose.

No comments: