Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Man

ok, so just  to further prove how wonderful my dear sweet hubby is, here is a little story that doesn't make me look very good, but none the less, it is the truth.

Today was not a good day for me. Elliott wouldn't sleep, I had way too much on my plate and couldn't seem to get anything done, I am sick, yada yada yada. You know how it is I'm sure. So anyway, what I wanted more than anything was to go lay down in my bed. But I didn't because of all the stuff I had to do but mostly because our room was a disaster and just the thought of going in there made me upset because I knew I would have to clean it before I could rest. So, no rest. Elliott was getting into EVERYTHING today. Seriously. He almost pulled my laptop off of the coffee table because he just can't seem to resist the cords. There are several "problem" areas that he seems to be attracted to countless times through out the day which are potentially dangerous which inhibits me from being productive. After about the 500th time saving my child's life, I blew up venting to Preston about ALL of the things I need to do and how I can't because of needing to watch Elliott so closely and how I didn't have hardly any help and I didn't feel well and wanted to lay down but how I hated our room right now. By 6:00pm I had had enough. I told Preston he was taking over and that I needed to get out of the house. So I went to the local thrift store and spent away my frustrations ($5 for a ton of awesome stuff - not bad).

When I walked in the door, the Shins were playing (my favorite) the living room was clean, 2 of the 3 Elliott hazzard areas were taken care of by re-arranging furniture, all of Elliott's toys were cleaned up, Elliott was cleaned up and ready for bed and when I went to find Preston he was in our room, just finishing cleaning it all up nice and pretty. When I walked in I grabbed him, kissed him and thanked him. He said "now you can rest." I seriously do have the best husband ever. At least for me.  What kind of man lets you vent, listens and actually does what needs to be done to make it better?

My man.

5 comments:

Larissa said...

yeah for preston! what a guy!

Steve and Donna said...

I'd say he's a keeper (but we knew that already- I did anyway!)

Carrie said...

Oh...Kersey...I hadn't read your blog yet this week, and that story just made me tear up! Preston is wonderful and is perfect for you! I love you guys!

Ritzy Misfit said...

Tears. Love you guys.

DeVries Fam said...

This is the sweetest story ever! You have the best husband! You are the greatest wife! Good thing you two got together. Ps...you are sick?